Topdon Topscan Pro Subaru CVT Learning

Topdon Topscan Pro OBD2 scanner unbiased review on Subaru:

Can’t say enough about the Topdon Topscan Pro available from topdonshop.eu. Now I can change my own CVT fluid because I can monitor the CVT fluid temp (yes, that’s necessary for Subarus), and it has the bidirectional tools I need, like to put the emergency brake on a Subaru Outback into maintenance mode when replacing brake rotors and pads. And of course it has all of the other usual OBDII features that I’ll use for all of our vehicles. Do yourself a favor!

It’s lifetime fluid if you never tow anything, and if you only want your vehicle to last 100,000 mi. They call it lifetime transmission, fluid, sealed transmission, etc, because it helps them claim lower TCO numbers. Then, once you sign the papers, they tell you the truth, and that is that anyone who has a brain is changing their CVT fluid every 60,000 mi at least. I do mine every 30,000 mi. I just change the CVT fluid, front differential fluid, and rear differential fluid, all at the same time, otherwise it’s too hard to keep track of it all.

Topdon Topscan Pro Subaru CVT Learning  1

Topdon Topscan Pro Subaru CVT Learning  2

 

Comments